How can verification of FTCA coverage for individual providers be established?
Health centers are asked to use the Notice of Deeming Action (NDA), together with documentation confirming a covered individual’s employment or contractor status with the deemed entity, to show liability coverage, resulting from the performance of medical, surgical, dental, or related functions by PHS employees while acting within the scope of such employment. To access the NDA for your health center via HRSA’s EHB, please follow the steps below:
- Login to HRSA EHBs at https://grants.hrsa.gov/webInternal/Login.asp.
- Choose "View Portfolio" and "Open Grantee Handbook".
- Ensure that you open the H80 Grantee Handbook.
- If you have the required privileges (assigned by the Project Director), you can see a link to the "FTCA Program" under the "Other" section of the H80 Grantee Handbook.
- Choose the "FTCA Program" and select "Work on my FTCA applications".
- Choose the "NDA" link to view the NDA.
- Click on the “Print” button to print the page to a PDF file. In limited situations where third parties will not accept the NDA as valid proof of verification, a request can be made to HRSA to provide special verification.
Needs Assessment/Health Center Need